Re: RE: Jam Session Etiquette

I never had issues with letting people sit in with my group. Letting
somebody jam however, did depend on the venue - if it's a nicer place
then no chance but if it were just a regular then I didn't care.
Inviting people on stage usually worked to my advantage as far as the
audience is concerned. I've had people come and tell me they are one
of the best harp player in the world - perhaps in their "gussing"
style - so I would invite said individual up and tell the audience
that so and so says - he's the best in the world.  If he falls on his
face - then he's made himself the fool.  If he's great then I give
him another song or two.  If it's somebody that truly is one of the
best in the world then I'll give him my rig and take a break....

We all have to start somewhere.